18 Wheeler Accident Attorney in the USA: Why You Need One
Introduction: 18-wheeler accidents are common occurrences in the United States, and they often cause catastrophic injuries and deaths. The size and weight of these large commercial vehicles make them incredibly dangerous when involved in accidents with other smaller vehicles on the road. As a victim of an 18-wheeler accident, it’s crucial to hire an experienced and qualified 18-wheeler accident attorney to represent you in your case. This article will provide an in-depth understanding of 18-wheeler accidents, why they occur, and why you need an attorney to help you get justice and compensation. 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
Understanding 18-Wheeler Accidents
18-wheeler accidents occur when large commercial trucks collide with other vehicles, pedestrians, or objects on the road. These accidents often result in severe injuries, permanent disabilities, and deaths. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 4,000 people died in large truck accidents in 2019, with over 68% of the fatalities being occupants of other vehicles or pedestrians. In addition, over 100,000 people sustained injuries in large truck accidents.
Read more: Truck accident attorney Dallas in USA
Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents
There are various causes of 18-wheeler accidents in the United States, and they include:
- Driver Error: 18-wheeler accidents often occur due to driver error, such as fatigue, speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Mechanical Failure: These large commercial trucks require regular maintenance, and any mechanical failure, such as brake failure or tire blowout, can cause an accident.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions, such as heavy rain, snow, or fog, can make it challenging for 18-wheeler drivers to see the road and maintain control of their vehicles. 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
- Poor Road Conditions: Poorly maintained roads, potholes, and construction zones can also cause 18-wheeler accidents.
Why You Need an 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney
If you are a victim of an 18-wheeler accident, you should consider hiring an experienced and qualified attorney to represent you in your case. Here are some of the reasons why you need an 18-wheeler accident attorney:
Read more: Best Truck Accident Attorneys in the USA
- Legal Representation: An 18-wheeler accident attorney can provide you with legal representation and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
- Investigate the Accident: An attorney can investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your case. They can work with accident reconstruction experts to determine the cause of the accident and who is liable. 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
- Handle Insurance Companies: Insurance companies will often try to settle the case for as little as possible. An attorney can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Calculate Damages: An attorney can calculate your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future expenses related to the accident. They can also help you determine the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
- Represent You in Court: If your case goes to court, an 18-wheeler accident attorney can represent you and present your case to a judge and jury.
Read more: Auto accident attorney California
How to Choose an 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney
Choosing the right attorney to represent you in an 18-wheeler accident case can be challenging. Here are some factors to consider when choosing an attorney:18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
- Experience: Look for an attorney who has experience handling 18-wheeler accident cases. They should have a track record of success in similar cases.
- Qualifications: Make sure the attorney you choose is qualified and licensed to practice law in your state.
- Reputation: Check the attorney’s reputation by reading reviews, testimonials, and ratings from previous clients.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?